The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Institute for Health and Human Service (IHHS) welcomes you to our website!
We strive to make North Carolina a healthier place to live through our community outreach, research and clinical offerings. Please take a moment to browse our site, and if you have questions or would like more information, please contact our Interim Director, Mary Sheryl Horine (email@example.com)
We're pleased to announce a new endeavor for the College of Health Sciences -- the Wake Forst Physician Assistant program. We welcome this top-rated program as a partner to help tackle the health care needs of the region. Slated to begin in June of 2014, the WF PA program will be housed along side IHHS at University Hall in Boone.
University Hall is located at the top of University Hall Drive in Boone (near Staples). Parking is free -- please contact us for a tour of our facility!
Formed in 2005, IHHS brings together students, faculty and community professionals from a variety of health and human services disciplines to:
- Promote training and service collaborations
- Provide innovative clinical services to the region and improve access to specialized services
- Contribute to the advancement of knowledge through research
- Enhance undergraduate and graduate education and research opportunities
- Increase access to clinical and interdisciplinary internships
Health and Human Service News and Notes of Interest
- CDC to offer Grand Rounds on Autism
- MLK Challenge Raises Funds for New IHHS Program: Our Mother's Garden
- Training Physician Assistants for Rural North Carolina
- NC Obesity Prevention Plan Released
- BCBS IHHS Partners with Jackson County Psychological Services to Offer Person Centered Thinking Training for Local Professionals
- BeActive Appalachian Partnership Starts New Campaign
- Palmer Addresses Asperger Syndrome
- IHHS Receives External Scholar Grant
- Advocating for Change: The Western North Carolina Advocacy Conference
- Girls on the Run of the High Country is now on You Tube!