The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Institute for Health and Human Service welcomes you to our website!
We stive to make North Carolina a healthier place to live through our community outreach, research and clinical offerings. Please take a moment to browse our site, and if you have questions or would like more information, please contact our Interim Director, Mary Sheryl Horine (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We're located at University Hall which is near Staples in Boone. Parking is free -- please contact us for a tour of our facility!
Formed in 2005, IHHS brings together students, faculty and community professionals from a variety of health and human services disciplines to:
- Promote training and service collaborations
- Provide innovative clinical services to the region and improve access to specialized services
- Contribute to the advancement of knowledge through research
- Enhance undergraduate and graduate education and research opportunities
- Increase access to clinical and interdisciplinary internships
Health and Human Service News and Notes of Interest
- NC Obesity Prevention Plan Released
- BCBS IHHS Partners with Jackson County Psychological Services to Offer Person Centered Thinking Training for Local Professionals
- BeActive Appalachian Partnership Starts New Campaign
- Palmer Addresses Asperger Syndrome
- IHHS Receives External Scholar Grant
- Advocating for Change: The Western North Carolina Advocacy Conference
- Girls on the Run of the High Country is now on You Tube!
- Healthcare Reform Discussion Sponsored by IHHS
- Most Area Businesses Comply with Smoking Ban
- Crinkleroot Retreat to receive Boone Service League Grant