American Red Cross - Blue Ridge Chapter
828-264-8226, office phone
For emergencies, please call 828-265-8827 (On-Call 24 hours a day).
Cindy Jones, Executive Director
Monday - Friday / 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Blood services; Adoption; Biomedical services; Suicide prevention; Social services; Welfare; Support groups; Disaster relief (natural or man-made); emergency communications for families with members in the Armed Forces; Health safety classes (CPR, First Aid & Safety, Swimming, Lifeguard Training). Clothes, food, shelter, hope, and referrals to other agencies in Watauga or Avery Counties
Residents (permanent, seasonal, or college students) of Watauga, Avery, Ashe, Wilkes and Alleghany counties.
Click a term to initiate a search.
- Adoption and Foster Parenting (14)
- After School Programs (17)
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse (33)
- Children, Families and Youth Services (91)
- Contraception and Family Planning Information (23)
- Counseling (39)
- Developmental Disability and Special needs Services (41)
- Disaster Relief and First Aid Training (4)
- Domestic Violence Information and Support (7)
- Education or Employment Training (61)
- Financial and In-Kind Assistance (56)
- Food Assistance (24)
- Health Related Services and Agencies (118)
- Housing Assistance and Emergency Shelter (21)
- Literacy (7)
- Maternity and Prenatal Services (12)
- Pain Management (5)
- Senior Services (25)
- Support Groups (23)
- Transportation (3)
- United Way (2)
- Volunteer Opportunities (35)