The Home Delivered Meals are intended to help maintain and improve the health of impaired home-bound older persons by providing nutritionally balanced meals served in the home. A home delivered meal is a hot or other appropriate meal delivered to a home-bound older person which assures a minimum of one-third of the daily Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) established by the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Science. Home-bound is defined as being confined to the home due to reason of illness or incapacitating disability.
- Must be 60 years of age or older
- Physically or mentally unable to obtain food or prepare meals
- No responsible person who is able and willing to perform this needed service
- Unable to participate in the congregate nutrition program because of physical or mental impairment
- The spouse of an eligible older person is also eligible to receive a meal