The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina IHHS Interprofessional Health Clinic provides interprofessional clinical services both on site in its University Hall Drive location (above Staples off of Hwy 321) and via mobile health in various locations around the region.
Current On-Site Services
- Audiologic Assessment and Hearing Aid Fitting
- Counseling (for Appalachian Faculty & Staff only)
- Music Therapy
- Speech-Language Assessment & Treatment
- The IHHS is home to a Preschool Language Classroom, which includes interprofessionals services from speech pathology, music therapy, and reading and special education, as well as some occupational and physical therapy.
*Beginning in October/November, the IHHS IP Clinic will begin providing autism diagnostic services through a collaboration with speech-language pathology, the ASU Psychology Clinic, and the TEACCH program out of Asheville.
- Senior Health Preventive Screening & Education
Health screenings are currently held at Watauga County Senior Center and Brian Estates and include general health assessment measures, cognition, nutrition, and fall prevention.
*Additional locations and services to be provided soon.