Registration for the Fall 2020 GOTR-HC season will open on May 4, 2020! For more information about dates for the 2020 season, please visit our Home Page and look for the Important Dates section!
Each site is limited to the first 15 girls who complete on-line registration. For the fall semester of 2020, GOTR is operating programs at each of the sites listed below. Once the 15 person limit is met for each site, girls may either be placed on a waiting list or may register for a different site.
To be eligible for Girls on the Run (GOTR), girls must be in the 3rd-5th grade. To be eligible for Heart and Sole (H&S), girls must be in middle school. It is not a requirement to attend the school for which the girl is registering.
The 2020 GOTR fee structure, which includes 20 classes, 5K registration, water bottle, medal, goody bag and t-shirt is as follows:
- $25: Girls who qualify for free or reduced lunch (proof may be required)
- $75: Girls with extenuating financial circumstances (will be required to write an explanation statement)
- $100: Standard fee
GOTR = Girls on the Run (3rd-5th grade)
H&S = Heart and Sole (6th-8th grade)
- Hardin Park GOTR (TBD)
- Parkway GOTR (Tues/Thurs 2:45-4:00)
- Green Valley GOTR (Mon/Wed 2:45 - 4:00)
- Two Rivers School Community School GOTR (TBD)
- Mabel GOTR (TBD)
- Mulberry GOTR (TBD)
- Wilkesboro Elementary GOTR (TBD)
- CB Eller GOTR (TBD)
*** Note about payment options! Online payment options include paying over a secure server using a credit card. Payment in this manner results in immediate confirmation of registration. For other payment options including check, cash, DSS voucher, etc. please call Mary Sheryl Horine at 828-262-7557 ***
GOTR-HC Refund Policy
- Written notice received prior to first class: full refund minus a $15.00 administrative charge.
- Written notice received prior to second class: 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given after the second class has met
Please note: It is the policy of Appalachian State University that an IRS W-9 form must be on-file in order to generate a refund check.
Start a New Site
Girls on the Run of the High Country is excited about building partnerships in Ashe, Avery, Alleghany, Wilkes and Watauga Counties. If you are motivated to start a site at your school or another community center location, please complete the ONLINE SITE APPLICATION!
*** The fall semester application deadline is June 1 and the spring semester application deadline is December 1! ***