Learn How to Save a Life
Take a course to learn the lifesaving skills of CPR, first aid, how to use an AED, and more. This opportunity is available to any department or organization within Appalachian State University.
Steps in the process. “what happens next”:
- Complete the google form as an individual or group liaison.
American Heart Association CPR Certification for Individuals
American Heart Association CPR Certification for Groups
- Participants will receive instructions for completing online coursework from the American Heart Association’s eLearning.
- Participants will complete online training in CPR and AED use to prepare students for hands-on practice and testing of skills. The online portion of training will take approximately 2 hours. After completing the online portion, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- If registering as a group, the group’s liaison will schedule a class time for the entire group to complete skill’s testing. If registering as an individual, participants will receive a list of dates/times to choose from for skills testing. Skills testing will take approximately 90 minutes depending on the certification. To request a skills test, complete the google form and upload your certificate of completion.
Skills Check request form
- Following successful completion of online learning and in-person skills testing, each student will receive a Course Completion Card valid for two years.