Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff (HPFS) provides Appalachian State University staff, faculty, retirees, and their spouses/domestic partners with programs and services that help to promote a healthier lifestyle and a better quality of life.
Major components of the program include:
- Health and Fitness
- Preventive Screenings
- Special Services
- Nutrition Counseling
- Our facilities are available to all faculty, staff, retirees, and their spouses/domestic partners at no charge.
- Before using the facility you must sign the Participant Agreement & Waiver.
Get Started (updated 5/1/2023)
- Download and complete our Participant Agreement and Waiver along with the Participant Entry Form.
- Bring both of these forms with a wet signature to either of our locations.
- We will add your information to Wellnessliving, our gym management software.
- You will receive a welcome email and a prompt to establish your Wellnesslving password.
- Each time you visit one of our facilities you will enter your username (email) to "check in".
- Please take some time to go through our website to learn more about the fitness and preventative services that we offer.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to find the "Hidden Gem" (AKA Varsity Gym)
- If you enter the gymnasium from Rivers Street, immediately upon entering the glass doors, take the stairs (down) to your left (next to the water fountain). There is a "Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff" poster, at the top of the stairs.
- If you enter Varsity Gym from the campus side, you are greeted with the Military Science trophy case. Go down the stairs (two flights), pass vending machines (on your left). Walk across the gymnasium floor (short side) toward Rivers Street. Once you are in the lobby, take the stairs (down) to your right (just past restrooms and water fountain).
Leon Levine Hall Lab Rm 253
- This is our second gym location located in the Leon Levine Health Sciences Building. You can find this gym on the second floor in Room 253.