Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff (HPFS) provides Appalachian State University staff, faculty, retirees, and their spouses/domestic partners with programs and services that help to promote a healthier lifestyle and a better quality of life. Major components of the program include health and fitness, preventive care, and outreach programs. Our facilities are available to all faculty, staff, retirees, and their spouses/domestic partners at no charge. Before using the facility you must fill out a Health History Form.
FACE MASK REMINDER
While participating in our facilities, a face mask is required at all times. Thank you for your cooperation and your effort to keep our community safe.
*You are welcome to remove your mask while using select cardio equipment that has a POD around it.
- Download and complete our Health History Form.
- Drop off your completed Health History Form at one of our facilities or fax to 828-262-7019.
- Once received we will let you know if you need a physician's clearance for exercise.
- We will add your information to Wellnessliving, our gym management software.
- You will receive a welcome email and a prompt to establish your Wellnesslving password.
- Each time you visit one of our facilities you will enter your username (email) and Wellnessliving password.
- Please take some time to go through our website to learn more about the fitness and preventative services that we offer.
- Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
12 Varsity Gym
530 Rivers Street
(828) 262-6314 (Main Office)
(828) 262-7019 (Fax)
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- If you enter the gymnasium from Rivers Street, immediately upon entering the glass doors, take the stairs (down) to your left (next to water fountain). There is a "Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff" poster, at the top of the stairs.
- If you enter Varsity Gym from the campus side, you are greeted with the Military Science trophy case. Go down the stairs (two flights), pass vending machines (on your left). Walk across the gymnasium floor (short side) toward Rivers Street. Once you are in the lobby, take the stairs (down) to your right (just past restrooms and water fountain).
Leon Levine Hall
Levine Hall Lab Room 253
1179 State Farm Road
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Save the Date! Friday, October 22nd, 2021
Highlights for the Employee Health and Wellness Fair:
- Where: PSU's Grandfather Mountain Ballroom
- When: 9 am - 2 pm
- Who is invited: All ASU Faculty, Staff, Retirees and Spouses
- 13 Vendors from the community and AppState departments will have tables to provide information about their offerings and some vendors will provide screenings.
- You will also be able to learn more about Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff's facilities, exercise programs, screenings, and outreach!
Highlights for the Flu Vaccine Clinic:
- Where: PSU's Roan Mountain Room
- When: 9 am - 2 pm
- Thanks to APPHealthCare and APPState's Nursing Department for facilitating this vaccine clinic!
- Registration is required. Please follow this link to register.
- Please bring your APP Card, Photo ID, and insurance card.
- All registered participants will be emailed the required forms to complete and bring to this vaccine clinic on October 22nd.