Personal Training Program
One-on-One Personal Training
Ideal for the beginner or someone who needs to be held accountable, to remain consistent, with his/her exercise behaviors. As trainers are available, clients may schedule two 30-minute appointments, per week, for one semester.
The online training is for the advanced client, who has demonstrated proper form and biomechanics of exercising. After an initial consultation with the trainer, this client will receive two workouts, per week, via e-mail. The client exercises without direct supervision each week. Once a month, the trainer and the client meet for a 30-minute assessment of progress, at which time adjustments to the routine are agreed upon.
The Semi-Private training is recommended for a small group (two to three people) who have similar fitness goals and comparable fitness levels. The two to three clients will meet 30-minutes, two times per week, with a trainer, for the semester.
For more details or questions, contact Stephanie McDaniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weightroom orientations are suggested for those who are new to weight training or for those who may need a refresher course on how to use the equipment properly. This orientation will also help teach/correct your form and alignment.
Please contact Stephanie McDaniel at email@example.com for more information.
Group Exercise Classes
- All classes require pre-registration through your Wellnessliving account.
- All classes have a capacity limit and a location.
- Indoor classes require a mask. Outdoor classes do not require a mask.
- For outdoor classes, these are weather permitting. We will email those registered participants if the class is canceled 30 minutes prior to the class due to inclement weather, so please make sure you register:)
As of 8/30 all HPFS participants will be entered into our new gym management software system, Wellnessliving. To get started, complete/updated your Health History Form, please fax it to 828-262-7019. Once entered as a new membership, you will receive a welcome email. Please follow this email and update your password (this email is active for 24 hours). Next, log in to your Wellnessliving account and "Book a class"! Please email Steff McDaniel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
APPquatics - Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00 am - 8:45 am (SRC)
- Come joining Health Promotion for Faculty and Staff for a shallow-water aquatic fusion of cardio, strength training, balance work, and community building. All levels are welcome. This class is taught in the UREC SRC pool. Al participants must have a UREC membership. Water shoes are recommended.
- Capacity of 15
Core and Whole Body - Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm (HPFS Room 5)
- The interval-based class will offer targeted core exercises mixed in with whole-body strengthening movements. All levels are welcome.
- Capacity of 6
Indoor Cycling - Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm (HPFS 5)
- This 45-minute class will be finished in a flash as you perform cycling intervals that challenge your cardiovascular strength, build your muscles, and burn lots of calories.
- Capacity of 5
Outdoor HIIT - Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm (Outdoor Varsity Gym Balcony)
- HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is an outdoor group exercise class designed for total body, heart pumping, aerobic and strength conditioning for people who are looking to begin or continue this type of training. This interval-based class combines full-body strength training with moderate to high-intensity cardio bursts designed to tone your body, build your endurance and flexibility. Modifications for all fitness levels are provided.
- Capacity of 12
Strength and Balance - Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:15 pm - 6:00 pm (HPFS Room 6)
- Strength and balance is a 45 minute full-body class with an emphasis in free weights. This class is designed to improve functional, everyday movements while becoming stronger and fitter. The workouts are adjustable to all fitness levels and will encourage progressions over time.
- Capacity of 10
Outdoor Vinyasa Flow Yoga - Mondays and Fridays 11:00 am - 12:00 pm (Outdoor Varsity Gym Balcony) This class will begin 9/13
- Flow & Yin Yoga is a sweet blend of flow and yin. About half of the class uses a breath-based vinyasa flow to build strength and flexibility, challenging your balance and concentration, and harnessing that energy to promote inner stillness and peace. Ranging from a gentle and therapeutic pace to a mildly vigorous practice, you will be calmly energized. The other half of class finds you down on the mat holding yin poses for longer periods of time, targeting the connective tissues of the body to help release deeply stored tension. The two styles together are amazingly transformative.
- Capacity of 10
Kickboxing - Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:30 am - 12:30 pm (HPFS Room 6) This class will begin 9/14
- A group fitness class that combines martial arts techniques with fast-paced cardio. This high-energy workout will challenge beginner to advanced members. A fun and challenging class will help you to build stamina, improve coordination and flexibility, as you burn calories, and build lean muscle. The class will incorporate some bag work with choreographed movements.
- Capacity of 10
Pilates - Monday and Wednesday 11:30 am - 12:30 pm (HPFS Room 6) This class will begin 9/14
- The Pilates mat class will help you learn to work through the whole body in order to increase flexibility and strengthen your muscles.
- Capacity of 10
Policies and Procedures
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The instructor has the right to cancel a class due to inclement weather or the threat of inclement weather. To stay in the loop, register for a class on Wellnessliving. We will notify everyone through trough email if a class is canceled, follow us on Facebook for announcements and go to www.ncweatherclosings.com for cancellations and closings.