Registration for the Spring 2023 GOTR-HC season will open on December 5, 2022! Sites are still being added so please check back if you don't see your school or if you are interested in learning how to start a site. For more information about dates for the 2022-23 seasons, please visit the Important Dates section on our homepage!
Each site is limited to the first 15 girls who complete on-line registration. For the Spring semester of 2023, GOTR is operating programs at each of the sites listed below. Once the 15 person limit is met for each site, girls may either be placed on a waiting list or may register for a different site.
To be eligible for Girls on the Run (GOTR), girls must be in the 3rd-5th grade. To be eligible for Heart and Sole (H&S), girls must be in middle school. Any girl, regardless of school status or location, may participate at any of our sites.
The 2023 GOTR fee structure, which includes 18 classes, 5K registration, water bottle, medal, goody bag and t-shirt is as follows. The $25 and $75 rates are the GOTR-HC scholarship rates which will be chosen during the registration process:
- $25 : Girls who qualify for free or reduced lunch (proof may be required)
- $75: Girls with extenuating financial circumstances (will be required to write an explanation statement)
- $100: Standard fee
GOTR and Heart & Sole season begins early February 2023. Registration closes February 15, 2023.
GOTR = Girls on the Run (3rd-5th grade)
H&S = Heart and Sole (6th-8th grade)
- GOTR Cove Creek: T/R 2:45 - 4:15PM
- GOTR Mabel: M/R 2:35 - 4:15PM
- H&S Mabel: M/F 3:00 - 4:15PM
- GOTR Valle Crucis: M/R 2:30 - 3:45PM
- H&S Parkway: M/R 3:00 - 4:30PM
- GOTR Mountain View: T/R 3:00 - 4:30PM
- GOTR Banner Elk: T/R 2:30 - 4:00PM
*** Note about payment options! Online payment options include paying over a secure server using a credit card. Payment in this manner results in immediate confirmation of registration. For other payment options including check, cash, DSS voucher, etc. please call Mary Sheryl Horine at 828-262-7557 ***
GOTR-HC Refund Policy
- Written notice received prior to first class: full refund minus a $25.00 administrative charge.
- Written notice received prior to second class: 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given after the second class has met
Please note: It is the policy of Appalachian State University that an IRS W-9 form must be on-file in order to generate a refund check.
Start a New Site
Girls on the Run of the High Country is excited about building partnerships in Ashe, Avery, Alleghany, Wilkes and Watauga Counties. If you are motivated to start a site at your school or another community center location, please contact our site coordinator Heidi Tait, firstname.lastname@example.org
*** The sping semester application deadline is December 2, 2022 ***