To provide multidisciplinary research opportunities, clinical services, community outreach and training programs related to public health. Meeting the needs of students, faculty and the regional community, the Institute strives to create and disseminate knowledge through pragmatic research and complimentary experiential learning opportunities such as internships, practicums, clinical rotations, professional continuing education and community based leadership opportunities with the overarching goal of improving lives through transformative healthcare advances.
We strive to make North Carolina a healthier place to live through our community outreach, research and clinical offerings. Please take a moment to browse our site, and if you have questions or would like more information, please contact our Director, Gary McCullough (firstname.lastname@example.org)
University Hall is located at the top of University Hall Drive in Boone (near Staples). Parking is free -- please contact us for a tour of our facility!
Formed in 2005, IHHS brings together students, faculty and community professionals from a variety of health and human services disciplines to:
- Promote training and service collaborations
- Provide innovative clinical services to the region and improve access to specialized services
- Contribute to the advancement of knowledge through research
- Enhance undergraduate and graduate education and research opportunities
- Increase access to clinical and interdisciplinary internships